Spirocom Wireless has Team Talk function and PTT communication with wireless transmission of the sound to the long range radio. The Spirocom system is built to handle the difficult conditions at a fire scene and still deliver high quality sound.
The Team Talk function is a voice-activated, full duplex, short range radio. Without having to push any buttons, voice communication is sent between firefighters, to minimize risks and increase the chances for a fast, successful mission. The Team Talk communication works for a small group of fire fighters moving together as a team. Each group is assigned with a "Group number" which is set on the Spirocom unit and visible on the display. Group configuration is made in advance and remembered by the Spirocom units, on the way to an incident the only required action is to start the unit.
For long range radio transmission (PTT) the unit can be configured with two connection types:
1. The Spirocom Wireless connects directly to a Bluetooth enabled long range radio. With the bluetooth technology a robust and secure connection is ensured without any need for cables and radio adapters.
2. The Spirocom Wireless connects to a radio adapter attached to the long range radion. At least one Spirocom radio adapter must be attached to the long range radio carried by the fire fighter team entering the fire scene. The radio adapter is set to the same group number as the group uses on the mask units.
The PTT button has a slide type design for significantly easier activation and better ergonomics. A distinct "lift and hold" action gives access to the long range radio and makes it possible to use any part of the hand or even the shoulder when both hands are occupied.
A flexible speaker arm makes it possible to easy set the desired speaker position against the ear.
A quick attachment is mounted onto the visor frame of the face mask. With this attachment mounted it is quick and easy to mount the Spirocom onto the mask. The microphone cable is mounted into the speech cone without interfering with the sealing of the mask. The batteries can be replaced with the unit still mounted on the face mask.
An optional Voice Projection Unit (VPU) function amplifies the voice and projects it via an external speaker to victims or rescue personnel not equipped with a Spirocom.
- Push-to-talk long range radio activation
- Voice activated radio for Team Talk
- Loudspeaker for voice amplification
- Powered with three AAA batteries
- Battery level indication and low battery indication
- Possible to temporarily mute Team Talk function
Interspiro - Spirocom SCBA Communication System